fredish domesticus

The sad little life of a biochemist...

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Jiggety Jig

Home again, home again, jiggety jig!

So, I got home from Mexico last night and am happy to be back in my own house with my own bed and my own kitchen!!

Our trip was really fantastic - I loved Mexico!
We spent 12 days there, Villa Ahumada, Chihuahua, Durango, Zacatecas, Queretaro, Taluca, Acapulco, and Matehuala. We drove through Mexico City, but decided not to stay because it was just too big.

The children in Chihuahua stared at me a lot... I guess blue eyes and red hair are a bit of an oddity there...

We went to a cool mine in Zacatecas, where we lucked out and had a tour guide all to ourselves!
We petted a cactus at the ruins in Teotenango - very cool - and saw some pople getting busy (Naughty people!)
We saw the La Quebrada Cliff Divers in Acapulco... I'd be too scared, but it was very nifty to see them do it...

And we accidentally bisected a bee with the antenna on the way home.(half a bee, philosophically, must ipso facto half not be)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Barb said…

    Next time I'm up in Saskatoon, we'll have to get together and maybe you can show me your pictures? Sounds like a fun trip. I hope to do something like that sometime! Would be nice to do it with someone special too!

    Originally read this line We petted a cactus at the ruins in Teotenango as "We petted a cactus ruin at Teotenango". Then I was like "What is a cactus ruin exactly?" Then I clicked on the picture and while it was much too tiny to really see, you could see that you were petting a plant that hadn't been ruined.

    Now that you're back, you should go see Nacho Libre. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home